Monday, August 24, 2009

Scratch Film Junkies. it was okay.

Last semester I had the opportunity to take history of avant-garde film with Kreul. Scratch Film Junkies was very very similar to a lot of short films that I watched last semester. The overall feel of the film was definitiely rhythm, the music that goes along with it definitely helped to guide that, but the variety of shapes and color did as well. The rhythm helped to keep the film entertaining. My favorite aspects of the film were the different people's faces throughout in different positions. The different tools that coincide with avant-garde films were evident in this such as the scratches on the film stock and the chaos of the image assortment. But it was cool, I liked it. I just happened to get a little burnt out on those types of films last semester, but every now and then I'll still see one that I like a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

good times. bed head. sushi. and movie trailers.