Friday, November 20, 2009

Cucalorus


Its easy for me to describe my view on cucalorus because for shannon's class she assigned a paper, so I really had the time to sit down and reflect on what cucalorus is to me. What it is is a lifesaver. I moved here a little over a year ago for the film industry i had heard about. when i got here i only knew one person, it was the first time i had moved to another city and state so alone. but i managed to jump right into what i could pertaining to film and one of the first things was cucalorus. i had the opportunity to meet some of the most amazing people and they are still my close friends, i saw some of the coolest films and as a whole i had an awesome time. I was so thankful. This year things were a little different, last year i was a volunteer and this year because of my dedication to the events that were held throughout the year as fundraisers for cucalorus i was able to be part of the staff which means i had a lot more obligations and things to keep track of so i was unable to see as much as i wanted to but i got to party! the parties have been one of my favorite parts of the whole event. you get the opportunity to meet some of the filmmakers and hang out with your friends and reflect on everything you've seen together, it's an awesome environment where you are surrounded by people who share the same passion as you do. I've heard the events like the parties described in so many ways but always an incredible environment. this year i got a chance to see a group of shorts, the stinking bishop shorts, which shannon even had a film in. They were hilarious. i think they were considered the 'dirty' ones but nevertheless they were all hilarious. Even thought provoking.
The two features that I saw were the Messenger and the Square. Both were excellent. I went to the Messenger really because it was one I had time to see and I had heard so many good things, and I was persuaded that it would be a good film to see, and it was. The ironic thing is that I usually tend to steer clear from any films that include war or soldiers in it. I think because I feel like there are so many and usually have a similar story or theme and because i'm not the most pro-war person either so it really has no interest to me. but the Messenger was awesome. It was about a guy who is assigned a new position on informing families that their loved one has been killed. It shows the struggles he goes through in taking on this new task, and it's really interesting and fantastic.
The Square was sooooooooo intense, actually it was the epitome of intense. I sent you on a crazy thrill ride and I was thinking about it for days after.
If I could sum up Cucalorus in one word it would be, AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

good times. bed head. sushi. and movie trailers.